Every year we organise fundraising events to finance our projects. Monies raised are targeted to a specific beneficiary or used for our charity fund which funds our local community work, youth projects and international work.
Fundraising takes several different forms:
- Charity collections at Christmas and other times – with kind permission of local supermarkets
- Santa float collections in Aylesbury, Bierton, Stone and Waddesdon – using our own float
- Paid assistance at local events – e.g. car park marshalling
- Charity restaurant evenings – in partnership with local restaurants
- Charity dinners with different celebrity speakers – e.g Speaker of House of Commons
- Darts Marathon – using our own purpose built equipment
- Musical events – e.g. Bucks Berks and Oxon Big Band
- Quiz Nights
Charities that we have helped in recent years through financial contributions or purchase of equipment include:
- Florence Nightingale Hospice Charity
- Hearing Dogs for Deaf People
- Diabetes UK
- Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund
- Young Carers
- Cued Speech
- Macmillan Cancer Support
- Stroke Awareness Association
- Canine Partners
- The John Hampden Unit
- Thames Valley and Chiltern Air Ambulance
We also raise money for Rotary Foundation – this is Rotary’s International own charity. The money which is generated is used as a way to promote international goodwill and understanding a very wide range of humanitarian and educational projects.
We have a history of working in partnership with many organisations to enable and increase their fundraising. We are always open to discuss opportunities to work in this way.